The Corporate Controller is responsible for overall management and oversight of finance and accounting departments providing information, primarily financial in nature, about all company activities that will assist management and other users in making educated economic decisions about the company’s future.
- Safeguard assets and assure accurate and timely recording of all transactions by implementing disciplines of internal audits, controls and checks across all departments
- Manage the accuracy and productivity of day-to-day activities of accounts payable, cash disbursements, invoicing/billing, customer credits and collections, payroll, general & entity accounting, cost accounting, etc.
- Develop, improve and issue timely monthly financial records for Senior Leadership Team
- Tracks work in place compared to budget, including quarterly re-projections and tracks future sales and work in place
- Track and report general and administrative expenses
- Monitor sub-contractors selection and qualifications (including financial stability) and compliance with insurance requirements
- Provide financial analysis tools to evaluate company ventures or special projects, programs, capital expenditures, products costing, etc. when necessary
- Develop and provide financial communications for management as needed or requested
- Works with General Managers in identifying and analyzing potential risks (cost over runs, over/under billings, uncollected receivables, etc.)
- Verifies all insurance retrospective premium calculations, reserves and audits
- Interface and manage outside audit firms(s), banks and lessors, casualty/liability insurance agent(s), credit card companies, and collection agencies
- Ensure all sub-ledgers are appropriately balanced to the GL
- Ensure all equipment rentals are properly calculated, posted and balanced
- Develop and ensure compliance with all internal control processes
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the company policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, planning, assigning, directing work, rewarding, disciplining employees, performance reviews, and addressing complaints and resolving problems
- Other duties as necessary or assigned
- Bachelor Degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; Master’s preferred; five or more related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience. CPA license is preferred but not required.
- Knowledge of accounting theory including processes to categorize financial information and transactions according to GAP, tax and other reporting needs
- Skill in establishing and maintaining positive relationships with financial institutions, bonding companies, vendors and management
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills, with a focus on attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong technical skills, with proficiency in Microsoft based applications (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Ability to work independently
- Committed to upholding the highest professional work standards and ethics
- Positive, can-do attitude; diplomacy and approachability
Skills and Abilities:
In addition to education and previous experience, there are a number of skills and personal attributes often required for this position such as professionalism, confidentiality, be good at solving problems, have the ability to translate policies into daily routine operations and be self-assured, confident and goal-oriented.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
Attn: Human Resources
7515 Wayzata Boulevard
Minneapolis, MN 55426
Knutson offers outstanding benefits including 401(k), profit sharing, bonus, and group insurance plus a competative salary.