This position is responsible to provide timely and accurate takeoffs / estimates to help secure profitable construction projects for Knutson Construction.
The key job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Prepares accurate takeoffs for self perform work to increase the probability of providing profitable work for Knutson Construction.
- Quantifies concrete, masonry, demotion and carpentry using 2D or 3D estimating software.
- Assists with pricing labor, material and equipment using historic data, past experience, supplier and rental firm pricing.
Hard Bid / Negotiated Projects:
- Prepares accurate estimates for small project Hard Bids to secure profitable work for Knutson Construction.
- Prepares cost analyses to include equipment, general conditions, materials and labor under the leadership of senior estimating staff.
- Works with Estimating and Operation departments on analyzing bids on bid day.
- Completes subcontractor solicitation in a professional manner to meet goals for winning profitable new work.
- Works with senior level estimating staff to successfully pursue negotiated projects.
- Develops accurate quantity takeoff and cost models using 2D and 3D software under the supervision of senior level estimators.
- Prepares documentation for each milestone estimate.
- Works closely with Operations and senior level estimators on subcontractor analysis and buyout processes on negotiated projects.
- May attend interviews on project pursuits for learning experience.
- Attends post mortem reviews on projects to determine reasons for profitability or reasons for financial losses, and incorporates lessons learned in future bids.
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with stakeholders to promote profitable project wins and position Knutson Construction for future opportunities.
- Develops and executes plans to continuously improve subcontractor relationships.
- Keeps senior level estimators informed of key issues/opportunities that impact project success.
- Delivers the Knutson Experience.
- Continuously works to enhance personal skills/abilities to retain a motivated, professional workforce for Knutson Construction.
- Identifies training and/or development opportunities that will assist them in achieving enhanced job performance and/or career objectives.
- Works closely with senior level staff to promote and leverage the use of technology by staff; attends REVIT training to stay abreast of available technology for 3D estimating.
Respond to and complete all other duties, tasks and/or projects as assigned
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Strong planning, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills in a cross functional environment
- Individual must be collaborative and positive
- Highly organized, able to prioritize and multi-task
- Ability to travel to various construction sites; ability to physically review project sites which may involve use of stairways and mobilizing around the existing landscape.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time using a computer and reading plans/specifications.
- Ability to lift bid documents (plans and specifications) as needed, which can weigh up to 50 pounds.
Minimum Education and/or Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Architecture or a related field and (0) years of construction related experience or an Associate’s Degree in a construction related field and 3+ years of construction related experience.
Attn: Human Resources
7515 Wayzata Boulevard
Minneapolis, MN 55426
Knutson offers outstanding benefits including 401(k), profit sharing, bonus, and group insurance plus a competative salary.