This position works closely with all departments and locations to create and implement a comprehensive marketing strategy for Knutson Construction. The Marketing Director holds ultimate responsibility for the organizations marketing activities and oversees the development and delivery of a fully integrated marketing strategy for the business.
The key job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Design, implement and facilitate an annual market strategy plan by studying economic indicators, tracking changes and trends in the industry overall as well as market specific, identifying current and future customers needs and wants; all while monitoring the competition.
- Support and translate business objectives and growth strategies into action items to further the Knutson Construction brand in the marketplace.
- Oversee the management of promotional material, marketing material and support collateral.
- Provide review, oversite and ownership of content management by ways of authoring, proofreading, content creation, etc.
- Provide overall market research and analysis for review to support corporate growth into new and/or expanded markets
- Create and maintain positive relationships with past, current and future research firms, consultants and vendors to ensure the best product, service and delivery for Knutson Construction
- Review, interpret, analyze and present action items or next step proposals based on research, findings or information provided by outside vendors.
- Oversee internal and external marketing and BD communication activities.
- Ensure the integration of the marketing function within the broader organization and ensure the business optimizes its use of shared and support services.
- Offer support for prospective client meetings, presentations, special events, etc.
- Develop appropriate metrics for determining the success of each marketing program approved through the annual marketing plan
- Develop company-wide marketing processes and policies that are communicated to the organization.
- Manage the selection, training, development, and performance of marketing staff while building a strong team environment.
- Communicate and model the vision and values of the organization to create a sense of teamwork among all employees.
- Exceptional communication skills
- Ability to initiate, monitor and manage several simultaneous projects
- Knowledge of marketing theory and concepts including the ability to effectively communicate company services and competitive advantages.
- Skill in introducing both self and ideas, orally or in writing, using knowledge and perspective of the intended audience so ideas and/or information presented is accepted.
- An ability to generate unique ideas, concepts, and written materials.
Minimum Education and/or Experience Requirements:
- MBA in Marketing, Public Relations, Journalism or related field or related experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ management experience in marketing, communications or public relations
- Construction and/or architectural industry related experience is preferred
Attn: Human Resources
7515 Wayzata Boulevard
Minneapolis, MN 55426
Knutson offers outstanding benefits including 401(k), profit sharing, bonus, and group insurance plus a competative salary.