This position is responsible for assisting a project team with administration by establishing and maintaining control of the construction project from the pre-planning phase and construction phase through closeout.
Please include a current resume when applying.
Assist and support project teams on multiple projects relating to construction items as follows:
- Coordinate the entire process of procurement to include submittal, approval and distribution.
- Create and communicate submittal register to internal and external project team members.
- Post record drawings when necessary.
- Participate in change order process.
- Schedule and obtain progress photographs on a regular and consistent schedule.
- Lead project documentation, cost control and project reporting needs to include EEOC required reports and various payroll reports; may also assist with payment application processing.
- May assist with insurance monitoring and document distribution with project team.
- Attend and document all project meetings.
- Assist with punch list and building commissioning.
- May assist with claims resolution and processing.
- Record and distribute detailed meeting minutes that capture all critical information.
- Provide constructive feedback to project team members on an ongoing basis to reinforce desired results.
- Follow proper procedures for pre-planning, construction phase and post-construction phase reviews.
- Assist with, coordinate and execute closeout processes on time.
- Assist with estimating, bidding, marketing and business development efforts as needed.
- Identify and track all cost issues, with input from the Project Manager as needed.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with the project team and Knutson Construction personnel to promote project efficiency and position Knutson Construction for future opportunities.
- Enforce and support project safety policies and practices.
- Enforce and support project quality assurance/quality control policies and practices.
- Proactively assist in solving problems or issues to include researching and gathering relevant data escalate as needed.
- Hold sub-contractors and entire project team accountable to what they commit to and escalate to PM/APM when needed.
- Respond to inquiries or request from field personnel, project team and/or subcontractors as quickly as necessary to support project progress but no later than 24 hours unless a longer timeline is provided.
- Participate in training and development opportunities.
- Promote Knutson Construction through community involvement and deliver The Knutson Experience.
- Respond to and complete all other duties, tasks and/or projects as assigned.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of and proficient in the use of personal computers and related software.
- Basic knowledge of the construction process (reading drawings, understanding specifications and field labor, etc.) and project management principles (scheduling and estimating)
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to develop and maintain positive interpersonal relationships including the ability to initiate a productive verbal conversation with others.
- Proficient in handling difficult issues and difficult personalities with tact and diplomacy
- Strong skills in time management, ability to work under pressure and tight timelines, working with multiple demands while giving attention to detail and following issues through resolution.
- Ability to travel to and within project sites.
Minimum Education and/or Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, Construction Management, Architecture or related field or High School Diploma (or equivalent) or Associates Degree in a construction related field and a minimum of 1-3 years construction related experience.
- Several years of construction related experience is preferred.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
Attn: Human Resources
7515 Wayzata Boulevard
Minneapolis, MN 55426
Knutson offers outstanding benefits including 401(k), profit sharing, bonus, and group insurance plus a competative salary.