Knutson Construction is accepting applications for an experienced Office Manager to join our team in our Iowa office. “Together We Make Dreams Real” – that’s our purpose as a company and we exist to work in concert with each other, owners, design professionals and subcontractors to make the journey as stress-free as possible. Together, we’ve created a dynamic, fun, inspiring environment where we can be ourselves and grow each day. At Knutson, opportunities to shine happen daily. We value what makes you different and empower you to act on your ideas. Our culture is one that encourages, supports, and feels like a family.
The office manager is responsible for supervising and coordinating the efforts of assigned staff to promote office efficiency and effectiveness. This position is also responsible to provide administrative support to Knutson Construction executives to maximize their productivity.
The key job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Supervises project coordinators and the receptionist to promote office efficiency and balance the workload of assigned staff.
- Selects and interviews qualified employees for vacant positions.
- Conducts performance reviews and recommends salary adjustments as needed.
- Communicates job responsibilities and performance expectations to assure mutual understanding of desired results; resolves internal and/or external barriers that prohibit successful completion of assigned tasks; provides positive and constructive feedback on an ongoing basis to reinforce desired results.
- Identifies training and/or development opportunities that will assist the employee in achieving enhanced job performance and/or career objectives.
- Proactively identifies opportunities to improve morale, productivity, and the Knutson Experience.
- Provides administrative support to Knutson Construction executives/ General Managers including but not limited to: composing reports, writing letters, preparing presentations and other documents requested, managing and maintaining calendars, scheduling appointments, completing expense reports, and arranging travel.
- Establishes and maintains electronic and/or paper filing systems.
- Prepares correspondence and presentations for internal and external audiences.
- Researches, resolves and/or executes assigned projects and tasks.
- Coordinates distribution of sporting event tickets to clients and vendors.
- Plans and coordinates internal and external events to promote a professional image and a positive reputation for Knutson Construction.
- Researches, selects and coordinates efforts of outside vendors; oversees set-up and take-down activities.
- Ensures appropriate technology is available to support each event.
- Coordinates activities needed to support annual and operations meetings.
- Coordinates travel arrangements for internal staff and/or external people to promote efficiency and cost effectiveness.
- Fields travel requests and secures management approval.
- Coordinates building and office equipment maintenance and the purchase of office supplies to promote a professional image of Knutson Construction and support office efficiency.
- Researches and recommends vendors for management approval.
- Monitors vendor contracts to ensure contractual obligations are met.
- Manages and/or approves office overhead invoices.
- Monitors and maintains office supplies and equipment.
- Manages safety field training.
- Collaborate with Marketing, Business Development and Project teams to coordinate information and assists with RFP proposals.
- Identifies, develops and recommends administrative policies and procedures to promote efficiency, effectiveness and best practices.
- Partner with Human Resources to provide new hire orientation and onboarding, complete employment verifications, track applications, and implement approved policies and procedures; monitors ongoing efforts to maintain consistency in practice.
- All other duties, tasks and/or projects as assigned.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of and demonstrated proficiency in using personal computers and related software including Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply policies, systems and practices used to coordinate the human resources within the department including recruitment, retention, motivation, reward, discipline, and development.
- Knowledge of and skill in applying accepted rules of grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- Skill in dealing with diverse problems in which many issues exist simultaneously, the problems all compete for immediate attention and issues are interrelated.
- Skill in written communication to meet purpose and audience.
- Skill of organizing, interpreting and reporting numerical data to support recommendations.
- Skill of helping others to acquire knowledge, concepts or skills.
- Skill in organization and delegating of work to others to maximize productivity.
- Demonstrated skill in making timely and sound decisions.
- Skill in effectively prompting and securing timely decisions from management.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain positive and constructive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to changing priorities and situations.
- Demonstrate professionalism and uphold confidentiality.
- Ability to give attention to detail.
- Ability to recognize and escalate appropriate problems to management.
- Ability to assure adherence to company policies and procedures; ability to provide recommendations for change.
- Ability to work after hours on occasion.
Minimum Education and/or Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma and 5+ years of office administration experience.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.