Knutson Construction is accepting applications for a Project Coordinator to join our team in our Mankato office. “Together We Make Dreams Real” – that’s our purpose as a company and we exist to work in concert with each other, owners, design professionals and subcontractors to make the journey as stress-free as possible. Together, we’ve created a dynamic, fun, inspiring environment where we can be ourselves and grow each day. At Knutson, opportunities to shine happen daily. We value what makes you different and empower you to act on your ideas. Our culture is one that encourages, supports, and feels like a family.
This position is responsible for providing administrative support and coordination to maximize the efficiency of construction project teams and to promote a high level of satisfaction among all stakeholders.
The key job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Process project agreements/contracts as assigned by the project team.
- Ensure the proper template, font, logo, etc. are used with accurate and complete information in all areas and ensure any and all attachments are referenced accordingly.
- Collaborate with the project team to develop an understanding of the project scope.
- Identify contract provisions that are not in compliance with company policy and bring to the attention of the project team and your direct Supervisor as needed.
- Facilitate the completion of required internal processes and workflows prior to execution of binding contracts/agreements.
- Ensure all approved contracts/agreements and related documents are received and filed as required (electronically, fireproof storage, agencies, etc.)
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with the project team to promote project efficiency.
- Respond to inquiries or request from field personnel, project team and/or subcontractors as quickly as possible but no later than 48 hours; unless a longer timeline is provided.
- Recognize and escalate appropriate problems or challenges to the project team and/or your direct supervisor in a timely and professional manner.
- Provide administrative support and assistance as requested from all departments as requested.
- Prepare, collect and/or maintain project related documentation to ensure compliance with client/project requirements and/or promote project efficiency.
- Obtain and assemble required information from various departments to qualify/re-qualify Knutson Construction for future opportunities.
- Solicit sub-contractor bids and assist with negotiated bids as requested from project team.
- Obtain documents and evaluate compliance with workforce goals and/or prevailing ware requirements to ensure timely and accurate reporting.
- Maintain databases and/or documentation within multiple systems to ensure timely and accurate information is available for decision making.
- Respond to and complete all other duties, tasks and/or projects as assigned
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to develop and maintain positive interpersonal relationships including the ability to initiative a productive verbal conversation with others
- Proficient in handling difficult issues and difficult personalities with tact and diplomacy
- Strong skills in time management, ability to work under pressure and tight timelines, working with multiple demands while giving attention to detail and following issues through resolution.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent experience required
- Prior experience in an administrative support position preferred
- Experience in using personal computers and related Microsoft software
- Experience using database management tools for construction is a plus
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.