Project Engineer – Intern
This position is responsible for assisting project teams with administration by learning to establish and maintain control of construction projects from the pre-planning phase and construction phase through closeout.
The key job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Assist and support project teams on multiple projects relating to construction items as follows:
- Work with team to problem solve and address subcontractor, owner issues that arise
- Observe and assist in supervising construction activities on-site
- Understand construction means and methods
- Participate and assist in quality control activities.
- Understanding construction documents
- Understanding safety requirements and demonstration / enforcement
- Assisting team in document control; plan grid updates and hard copy updates, closeout documentation.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Knowledge of and proficient in the use of personal computers and related Microsoft software.
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to develop and maintain positive interpersonal relationships including the ability to initiative a productive verbal conversation with others
- Strong skills in time management, ability to work under pressure and tight timelines, working with multiple demands with strong attention to details.
- Ability to travel to and within project sites.
Minimum Education and/or Experience Requirements:
- Currently attending college to complete a degree in Construction Management or Construction Engineering.
- Prior construction related experience or internship is preferred.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.