Knutson Construction is accepting applications for an experienced Project Engineer to join our team in our Rochester and Minneapolis office. “Together We Make Dreams Real” – that’s our purpose as a company and we exist to work in concert with each other, owners, design professionals and subcontractors to make the journey as stress-free as possible. Together, we’ve created a dynamic, fun, inspiring environment where we can be ourselves and grow each day. At Knutson, opportunities to shine happen daily. We value what makes you different and empower you to act on your ideas. Our culture is one that encourages, supports, and feels like a family.
This position is responsible for assisting multiple project teams with administration by establishing and maintaining control of the construction projects from the pre-planning phase and construction phase through closeout.
The key job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Assist and support project teams on multiple projects relating to construction items as follows:
- Coordinate the entire process of procurement to include submittal, approval and distribution of.
- Create and communicate submittal register to internal and external project team members.
- Post record drawings when necessary.
- Participate in change order process.
- Schedule and obtain progress photographs on a regular and consistent schedule.
- Lead project documentation, cost control and project reporting needs to include EEOC required reports and various payroll reports; may also assist with payment application processing.
- May assist with insurance monitoring and document distribution with project team.
- Attend and document all project meetings.
- Assist with punch list and building commissioning.
- May assist with claims resolution and processing.
- Record and distribute detailed meeting minutes that capture all critical information.
- Provide constructive feedback to project team members on an ongoing basis to reinforce desired results.
- Follow proper procedures for pre-planning, construction phase and post-construction phase reviews.
- Assist with, coordinate and execute closeout processes on time.
- Assist with estimating, bidding, marketing and business development efforts as needed.
- Identify and track all cost issues, with input from the Project Manager as needed.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with the project team and Knutson Construction personnel to promote project efficiency and position Knutson Construction for future opportunities.
- Create site logistic and schedules provided by the team to assist with pursuit.
- Participate in bid team as requested.
- Enforce and support project safety policies and practices.
- Enforce and support project quality assurance/quality control policies and practices.
- Proactively assist in solving problems or issues to include researching and gathering relevant data escalate as needed.
- Hold sub-contractors and entire project team accountable to what they commit to and escalate to PM/APM when needed.
- Respond to inquiries or request from field personnel, project teams and/or subcontractors as quickly as necessary to support project progress but no later than 24 hours unless a longer timeline is provided.
- Participate in training and development opportunities
- Promote Knutson Construction through community involvement and deliver The Knutson Experience.
- Starting to participate in community activities and professional organizations for networking opportunities.
- Can run a meeting confidently and effectively and demonstrate a leadership role with several select project team members.
- Respond to and complete all other duties, tasks and/or projects as assigned
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of and proficient in the use of personal computers and related software.
- Basic knowledge of the construction process (reading drawings, understanding specifications and field labor, etc.) and project management principles (scheduling and estimating)
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to develop and maintain positive interpersonal relationships including the ability to initiate a productive verbal conversation with others.
- Proficient in handling difficult issues and difficult personalities with tact and diplomacy
- Strong skills in time management, ability to work under pressure and tight timelines, working with multiple demands while giving attention to detail and following issues through resolution.
- Ability to travel to and within project sites.
Minimum Education and/or Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, Construction Management, Architecture or related field or High School Diploma (or equivalent) or Associates Degree in a construction related field and a minimum of 1-3 years construction related experience.
- Several years of construction related experience is preferred.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.