Knutson Construction is accepting applications for an experienced Project Manager to join our team in our Rochester office. The Project Manager assumes ownership of multiple projects; the number of projects depends on the size of projects. The Project Manager is responsible for establishment and control of all construction project administration and delivery of customer expectations through collaboration of the project team, continuous development, compliance, safety and quality assurance.
Project Manager key job responsibilities include:
Project Manager ensures all project team members are accountable to their deliverables in the project process including:
- Develop and implement the overall construction schedule with entire project team.
- Collaborate with estimating and marketing departments.
- Assume responsibility and appropriately administer cost management for each project.
- Facilitate schedule creation, maintenance, and compliance.
- Work together with on-site construction team and ensure thorough plan/ specification review.
- Perform frequent on-site visual project review. Ensure compliance with standards, regulation, laws, safety policies, construction schedule, and construction quality and specification requirements.
- Maintains assigned key customer relationships and provides insight to the RFP process while working closely with BD and other key staff.
- Plays a significant role in the interview process for winning new work.
Project Manager identifies and controls project risk, in coordination with the project team, to promote quality outcomes, provide a safe working environment and mitigate financial exposure.
Performs and participates in the Preconstruction process:
- Responsible for the operations side of the preconstruction process under the leadership of the preconstruction department.
- Participates in proposals by providing schedules, logistic plans, narratives, etc.
- On negotiated projects, provide logistic plans, phasing plans, front end specifications, scopes of work and schedules as needed for the preconstruction department to complete estimates.
- On hard bid projects, work with bid team on subcontractor bidding process.
- On both negotiated and hard bid projects, lead the buyout and subcontractor selection process.
Project Manager participates in the selection, training and development, and performance of project management staff to retain a motivated, professional workforce for Knutson Construction.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of owner contract negotiations and contract related risk.
- Knowledge of subcontractor relationships and a proven track record of holding them accountable for their responsibilities.
- Knowledge of permitting processes; ability to procure timely permits based on project schedules.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to manage project financials.
- Demonstrated skill in analyzing project forecasts (financial and schedule) against physical completion to identify potential issues.
- Ability to resolve disputes quickly and efficiently.
- Ability to lead a team.
Minimum Education and/or Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, Construction Management, Architecture or related field and minimum of 5-7 years of commercial general contracting experience or Associates Degree in a construction related field and a minimum of 8-10 years of commercial general contracting experience.
- Construction related certifications and trainings are highly desirable.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.