Knutson Construction is accepting applications for a VDC Specialist to join our team in our Minneapolis office. “Together We Make Dreams Real” – that’s our purpose as a company and we exist to work in concert with each other, owners, design professionals and subcontractors to make the journey as stress-free as possible. Together, we’ve created a dynamic, fun, inspiring environment where we can be ourselves and grow each day. At Knutson, opportunities to shine happen daily. We value what makes you different and empower you to act on your ideas. Our culture is one that encourages, supports, and feels like a family.
As a VDC Specialist, you will be an integral part of the Virtual Design and Construction team. You will have the opportunity to implement BIM technology across various project types in a fast-paced environment. You bring energy and passion to a dynamic and innovative team that delivers an outstanding service to Knutson’s owners, designers, trade partners, and internal project teams.
The key job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare wide range of 2D/3D/4D/5D deliverables during pursuit, preconstruction and construction process including virtual mock-ups, site logistics, animations, and phasing.
- Perform reality capture (drone or scanning) work on-site
- Lead coordination meetings with support of VDC Engineer for sub-contractor and owner team accountability as it relates to the project schedule
- Prepare models and files for Knutson’s self-perform work
- Assist and train project teams in the field using digital construction data and software
- Work with Owners, Designers, and Contractors to prepare and distribute documents that meet project scope and schedule including BIM Execution Plans, Agendas and Meeting Minutes.
- May be located on project sites to work directly with project teams as required.
- Researches, identifies, and troubleshoots technology solutions to improve project delivery.
- Implements and suggests Knutson standards for project utilization
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with stakeholders to reduce construction inefficiencies, financial risk, and to increase efficiency and project profitability.
- Shares feedback and ideas regarding the future direction of BIM/VDC.
- Participates in Business Development and Marketing opportunities to promote Knutson
- Attend seminars and conferences on VDC related technology
- Respond to and complete all other duties, tasks and/or projects as assigned
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Desire to investigate and implement cutting edge technology
- Thrive in a fast-paced and cross-functional environment
- Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Enjoys planning, problem solving, and troubleshooting with ambiguous solutions
- Individual must be collaborative, professional, and positive
- Highly organized and able to prioritize and multi-task
- Willingness to be given instructions and follow through on deliverables.
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Preferred experience with Revit, Sketchup, and reality capture (drone, Matterport, 360 camera)
Minimum Education and/or Experience Requirements:
- Associates degree in Construction, Building Science, Engineering, Architecture or related field required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Prior experience in commercial construction preferred
- 1-year specific BIM/VDC process experience preferred
- Experience with drone and/or FAA Remote Pilot regulations preferred
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.