Virtual Design and Construction Intern
This position is responsible to promote and provide Virtual Design and Construction services that will support the efficiency and profitability of Knutson Construction projects through pursuit, preconstruction, construction and closeout process.
The key job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Performs reality capture (drone or 3D scanning) work on-site to verify existing conditions and/or new construction for internal and external use.
- Assist and train project teams in the field using digital construction data and software
- Prepares various 2D/3D/4D/5D deliverables including virtual mock-ups, logistics, and phasin
- Validates the accuracy of model data against design team documents and construction on-site.
- Researches and identifies technology solutions to improve project delivery.
- Implements and suggests Knutson standards for project utilization
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with stakeholders
- Respond to and complete all other duties, tasks and/or projects as assigned
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Preferred experience with reality capture (drone, matterport, 360 camera) and Autodesk Revit
- Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Individual must be collaborative, professional, and positive
- Strong planning, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills in a cross functional environment
- Desire to investigate and implement cutting edge technology
- Highly organized, able to prioritize and multi-task
- Willingness to be given instruction with the ability to work independently and within a team
Minimum Education and/or Experience Requirements:
- Current FAA Remote Pilot Certificate (drone) or ability to obtain within 1 month
- Preferred current enrollment in Construction, Building Science, Engineering, Architecture or related degree
- Prior experience in commercial construction preferred
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.